Sunday, December 16, 2012

Short Liner Posts

One of the ladies in our ward, whom I LOVE, was so nice to make my sister this wonderful banana cake which was soooo yummy! It had all of the Aussie sayings on it.
"Barbie"
"Struth" {means: ah crap!}
"Maaaate"
"Fair Dinkum" {means: yeah, sure}
"Crikey"
"Aussi - Oi Oi Oi" - Remember the song from AC/DC (TNT- Oi Oi Oi)? They are from Australia.
Look how gross this is. I was IN my house and took a pic of all these flying bugs that were EVERYWHERE in our back yard one morning... like they just hatched or something. There were so many of them that it showed up in a picture. I don't know what they were... but yuck! I can't go outside right now to dry our clothes on the line. They freak me out.

Tate "helping" with yard work.


Me & Stef-man on top of the black mountain tower.

The "boys" on top of Black Mountain/Telstra Tower.


There is a field over by Costco here in Canberra that you can go see the 'roos' at dusk when they come out. Joey & the Roos.

Me in my PJ's with Jer & Stef.

Jared & Hisa with Steffan for his birthday.


Making dino-balls with the boys to play with. {cotton balls, flour, water & food coloring/baked}


This little ham gets into EVERYTHING right now. Look how happy he was when I found him.

Here are some pics of our house. I had to hurry and take them. Our house was clean and 'manicured' for our 6 month inspection which is government law here to inspect ALL rentals to make sure they are in tip top shape. It's hard to clean sooo much and keep it that way until they get there when you have kids!

We decorated gingerbread houses (which were made from scratch) the day Kiley got here{i was so proud of myself}... Day 1: Make gingerbread and bake. Day 2: Put houses together. Day 3: Decorate - - - However, the swearing and anger that came with trying to glue the houses together made the activity not fun for anyone. Next time I will have to purchase the already "sized to fit" home pieces. And I thought I was sooo precise with the sizes too. :( The decorating part was fun. I'm glad I took a picture of the houses before they were slowly destroyed {secretly} by the boys over the next few days. There is not much candy left on them now.

 We took Kiley to the Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve yesterday and there were some really cool wallaby's that were just coming up to us. Turns out the LOVE bananas. :)

 It was nice to have Kiley there to take a family pic with a "small wallaby" in the background. Now if I can only get them printed and handed to people BEFORE Christmas... otherwise I will be changing it to say, "Happy New Year 2013". :)


We are having so much fun with Kiley here. I don't want her to go home. If we can only talk her into coming to school here... :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay so the family pic is way cute. The one with just the boys is PRICELESS!!! LOL Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete