Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Do you want dog? ...or lamb soup?


So, while I was talking to Hisa (Sis. Lopez) she was telling me about the village she grew up in Tonga. She was telling me that everyone has dogs that they feed and take care of and when it comes time, they eat them. She said that someone once made her lamb stew and gave her the option of that or dog and she chose dog. When she said that, I said, "I'm sorry, but this is going up on my blog." lol Jeremy and I looked up at the pictures of our little dogs and said, "I don't think we could eat our dogs." And Hisa said to Jeremy, "Well, you eat Tara's dog and she can eat yours." This is so not a conversation I ever thought I would have. ha ha

Our second counselor in the bishopric came over the other night (he is from Vernal, UT) and actually told us that he prefers puppy to old dog because the flavor and that the meat is just better quality when they are young. He said he ate it in Micronesia when he was there. 

Interesting eh?

1 comment:

  1. And on that note, I don't think you'll be able to have Franklin back when you come back to UT. He's leaving the country, I think he decided to move to... :D

    ReplyDelete