Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My Birthday


We were pretty isolated for almost 2 weeks in the house with the Hand Foot Mouth Disease. And it happened to fall over my birthday (#32) that Jeremy took off work to do something fun. Since we couldn't go out, we just had a little birthday party at the house. The kids were so excited to put up decorations and make a cake; they could hardly stand it! So, we made little treat bags for them with party hats and party masks and did sparklers and fire cracker poppers in the back yard. 

Some of our good friends from the ward, the Lopez's, stopped by for my birthday and brought over all sorts of goodies. How nice is that? They are the nicest couple. They brought over an ice cream cake from "Cold Rock" (like our Cold Stone) and lots of other little goodies to celebrate with. One of the goodies they brought over included a yummy cheese ball with garlic crackers. The cheese ball had dried apricot and papaya and almonds in it. It was so good! I decided to try and make it and successfully did it with a dried fruit mix from Costco that has papayas, pineapple, and mangoes in it. I chopped those up along with some slivered almonds and mixed it in some cream cheese and "Voila".

:( Sad. I can't find the camera I took the pic's on from this night. I will have to post them later when I find it.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday, So glad that you have friends that love you. I'm glad it was a fun little b-day party.

    ReplyDelete