Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Australian Spiders



So Tate got his first spider bite a couple of days ago. We don't know where it happened, but he got one one his arm and on the back of his ear. Jeremy is totally freaked out by spiders. He is WAY arachnaphobic. I'm no fan of spiders either, but have to be the man when they are around. Jeremy has no shame to scream like a school girl and run off. lol

While we were looking up symptoms of Australian spider bites, I came across some of the craziest spider that resides here in this new place we live. Ugh! It kind of fraked me out. Luckily Tate's bite wasn't serious. We watched it for 24 hours and the bites have gotten smaller. Plus he had no crazy symptoms of being sick or anything, so we were glad. After doing some online research of the freaky eight legged beasts that live here, I thought I would post some for your "enjoyment". My husband will HATE this post!

Yeah so this one was the first one I found when I googled Australian Spiders. Really?!!! Are they this big? Is it likely that we are going to see one like this while we are here? And worse... will it be in our house?


This spider tried taking a shower.





I will say that we have already seen some thick looking spider webs around in bushes and in the car garage. One web we saw on someones rear view mirrors. Ewww! (Should I be worried now what is lurking behind my rear view mirrors?) The web spindles look so thick, it looks like they were spun with cotton strings. Now after seeing the above pic where it actually took out a flying bird, I don't want to know what kind of spider made those thick webs.



OK... So I will get up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and a lot of times won't turn on the light as not to bother anyone sleeping. But, I don't think I will be doing that anymore.




I hope we NEVER see anything like this in Australia while we are here. I have the weebies just typing about this.

2 comments:

  1. The spider phobia must be a Green Family trait. I suffer from the same fear. Great to see your posts and how well along you are getting. Keep it coming! Have a great day!! G'day!!!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. that freaks me out just looking at it!!! AAHHHH I really hope you never run into one of those.

    ReplyDelete