Monday, June 25, 2012

To My Beloved Friend...

Growing up in Lake Arrowhead, she enjoyed boating, bowling, sports, the outdoors and being with her family. Jalynn loved music and played the piano wonderfully. She was a tough, strong, supporting, loving, and caring woman, who had the ability to understand and give empathy. Jalynn graduated from Rim of the World High School in 1999 and then graduated from Dental Assistant School and went on to pursue a career in the dental and medical fields.
Jalynn is survived by her father, Paul Meng (Melanie); mother, Carol Meng; sisters, Kari Reilly (Ryan) and Erin Peterson (Butch); and brothers, Jacob Meng (De’dy), Luke Meng, and Mark Meng; and five nieces and five nephews who truly loved her.

A family and friend gathering will be held from 10:00 – 11:00 AM on June 22, 2012 followed by the memorial services at 11:30 AM at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1160 Golden Rule Lane, Lake Arrowhead, CA.

***
Jalynn,
I was so saddened to hear of this terrible loss. I hope you know what a great friend you were to me. We had many great times together and I will never forget your wonderful, infectious laugh. I've been thinking about all of our fun times and telling my husband of all of our adventures this week. You were a big part of my life and I'm grateful for the time we spent together. My favorite memory is when we were driving back from Springville at 2am and you told me to yell at the biker on the side of the road. :) When I "screamed" out the window at him and scared him half to death, you started laughing hysterically and told me that you "meant" that you wanted me to whistle at him. We both laughed so hard that I puked on the side of your car and you had to pull your little golden Honda Accord over to the side of the road because you couldn't see from crying/laughing. We went to the car wash and cleaned your car off and then to one of your favorite places, "Del Taco" (where you incessantly stole hot sauce from).

I loved singing at the top of our lungs on road trips and playing the piano with you. You will be my good friend forever! I love you Jay! You will be missed... Until we meet again my lovely friend.

xoxo
Tara

Here is the last picture I have with you. I'm so glad that you were able to make it to my wedding and wish we could've kept in touch better. I wish I had some of our pic's from the "good ol' days", but they are all in a box in Utah, back when we didn't have all the digital stuff we have now.

3 comments:

  1. It looks like you haven't updated here for a few years. I'm a friend of Jalynn's from her home town and I was thinking of her and missing her tonight, nearly four years later. I wish I'd told her how deeply entrenched she was in my life and my childhood. I miss her and her laugh deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you haven't updated here for a few years. I'm a friend of Jalynn's from her home town and I was thinking of her and missing her tonight, nearly four years later. I wish I'd told her how deeply entrenched she was in my life and my childhood. I miss her and her laugh deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes... I am not good at keeping up on my blog anymore... Sadly. But, funny enough I was just talking about Jay the other day as it was her birthday recently and I always think of her when it rolls around each year and wonder what she's up to or what new adventure she is doing now. I'm sure she has made a million more friends in heaven. I can't wait to hear her infectious laugh once again. I just drove through your neck of the woods last month as we visited Cali and also thought of her as we drove through. I'm sure she is watching over you and checks up on all her friends and she knows how much she meant to you. :)

    ReplyDelete