Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Three Little Rascals Updates


I'm so impressed. Jeremy took this picture while he and the boys were out at the playground playing one day.

Teagan breaks in to song to sing his ABCs all the time for anyone that will listen. He is so proud of knowing his ABC's (except he always forgets L & M because it's hard for him to say MN together). But we are very proud of him. He is a smart little sucker. He has started using our own excuses against us to get what he wants. For Example: The other day I made him lunch and it wasn't what he wanted to eat and he said, "Sorry mom. I can't eat that because I didn't finish all of my breakfast remember?" I'm always telling him he can't eat treats or snacks because he never eats his meals and so he used my own thing against me. I just stood there not knowing what to say. 

Also, I make him put his plate or food on the counter when he is done with it and he didn't want to do it so he asked Jeremy to do it for him. Jeremy told him 'no' and that he is big enough to do it himself and Teagan said in a high pitched voice and a smile, "Daddy, I will give you a sticker if you do it" because we give out stickers and coins every night for being good throughout the day. What was even funnier is that Jeremy did it. :)


Teagan is loving rocks and sticks right now. He loves playing with rocks and studying them. He is very orderly and likes things lined up just so. I taught him how to organize his toys the other day and he loved doing it. He was having so much fun putting all his toys into different categories AND he was really good at it.

There’s still no progress on the potty. :( I think all our pushing for it has made it worse. We even bought toys that the boys really wanted and left them there as our 'golden nuggets'. They get to choose one if they go on the potty, but it hasn't enticed either one of the boys at all. :(

Tate is funny. I want to put up a little video of him annoying all of us in the morning when he just won't shut his trap. Every morning at 6am he's yelling something.. "DADDDDY, MOOOOMMMY! Here I am!!!" He has a cute little voice, but holy cow... sometimes I can't bear to hear it for one more minute because it literally doesn't stop all day long unless he's sleeping.

The other day Tate was reprimanding the sun for shining in his eyes and he kept yelling, "No, No Sun! No, No!" He was very annoyed with the sun and it made me laugh.


Tate also runs around and points to all of the letter "A's" he sees. I never taught him what an "A" was, but he just picks it up from me going over stuff with Teagan all the time. I think Tate is really going to excel in school. He is a fast little learner.

Tate loves Thomas the Train and The Cars (like every other little boy on earth). He loves learning all the names to his favorite books or movie characters. He actually really likes action figures (Spiderman, army men, etc). He loves doing flash cards and always knows a lot more of them than I ever expect him to. He really loves to read books. He would be happy if I read books to him all day long.

And, I'm proud to announce that Tate's bink is NO LONGER! Woo hoo! We just conveniently didn't have his bink available when he wanted it for a few days and he just stopped asking for it. So he has almost been a whole week without it. That was easier than I thought it would be!


Steffan is now officially rolling over. He still isn't quite sitting up without help. He doesn't have any teeth coming in yet, but he has seemed really miserable this last week and has been drooling a lot, so I think they are coming soon. Teagan got his teeth at 6 months and Tate was 8 months when he got his. So Steffan should be getting some any time now. He is still pudgy and squishy and I love that! I love pinching his cute little legs and bum. His hair is growing a little longer on his head and his face is getting a little older. He is still very entertained by his hands and feet and loves sticking out his little tongue. We just love this little baby to pieces. He can brighten anyone's day with his smile!

1 comment:

  1. wow, steffan is growing so fast! he looks so cute! I know what you mean about tate talking, zach is a chatter box and goes all day long. your boys are so cute, miss you!

    ReplyDelete