Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Church News


This last Thursday evening a member of the bishopric (the one from Vernal, UT) called Jeremy and asked if he could come over and get to know us. He came over for a few hours. It was nice to build such a personal relationship with a member of the bishopric and get to know him. I thought, "Ahh, how nice of him to come over..." and then he said, "So, I have two questions..." while he looked at Jeremy. I thought, "Oh, here it comes, the calling that he has had in the last two wards that he always gets released from because we move out of the ward." But I was wrong, he asked us BOTH to speak in church on Sunday about 'The Divine Gift of Repentance' while using Elder Christofferson's talk from this last October 2011 General Conference as a guide. He was sensitive about asking so late in the week and knowing we had children if we wanted to decline, but we both accepted. We spoke yesterday and I was surprisingly the most calm I have ever been when giving a talk. It was strange. I will post my 20 minute talk in a different blog post if any of you care to read it all.

The second thing... he turned and looked at me (which I wasn't expecting anything for me) and asked me if I would serve as Relief Society Instructor to teach once a month. I excitedly accepted. I have always wanted to have this calling. AND, I was just grateful they didn't ask me to be chorister again, which have been my last 3 callings.

PS. Sorry for the lack of pictures right now. They are just slowing down the internet too much and I don't have the patience to wait for it. I actually have a lot to put up.

No comments:

Post a Comment