Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Goanna

What is a goanna you ask? It is just an enormous lizard that roams freely in Australia. It grows up to 5 feet long I believe and I happened to see one in MY back yard at the beginning of summer last year. It was about 5 feet away from my back door and I happened to see it moving out of the corner of my eye thinking it was a snake but had no clue what it was until a couple weeks ago when someone was talking about one. I looked it up online and lo and behold, it is exactly what I saw in my yard! I was glad that my kids weren't out playing at that moment. I ran around trying to find my camera when I saw it but of course it was gone in one of our bushes by the time I actually found it. I thought it would be a smart idea to go throw stuff at the bush to make it mad and run out. I'm glad it didn't though.

No comments:

Post a Comment