Friday, September 21, 2012

Our Little Tourist Attractions

Since it has FINALLY started getting a bit warmer, we have been going to the Cockington Green Gardens quite a bit with our annual pass. It is so nice to do things outside again. I was starting to get really burned out on coming up with indoor activities. It is sooooooo nice to finally have spring here. I feel like we've been living in winter since we started winter in Utah last year (so for almost an entire year). I've just about had all I can take of cold winter weather!

Cockington Green Gardens is a very large tourist attraction. The last couple of weeks there have been a lot of tourist buses and school children there for field trips. Most of the tourists I've seen have been Asian. If you search my blog for "My Heart is Full of Honey", you will remember the blog post about Steffan and how much the Chinese gals in our last ward just LOVED him! Well, it turns out that every Asian person loves my kids. Especially Teagan and Steffan because of their white skin, red hair and blue and green eyes. Lately every time we've gone there's some Asian that stops my kids and picks them up with no warning and starts snapping pictures with them. It makes me laugh every time. Teagan gets really freaked out by it and usually runs and hides behind my leg. Steffan always looks confused at what is going on and Tate (our little ball of sunshine) always smiles and yells, "Cheese!" (he will NEVER do that for me, but somehow gets excited to stand in strange people's pictures). I was telling Jeremy that the next time I go, I'm going to take pictures of them taking pictures of us.

This last time we went, we didn't even make it out of our car before we had 4-5 of them swarming us as we grabbed the kids out of the car. They didn't hesitate to grab the kids right out of our arms and start snapping memoirs of their trip. They don't usually speak much English. One of them came up to me and said 'something' and held up three fingers, which I assume he was saying, "So, you have three boys, huh?" I just nodded and said, "Yep, three boys." He stared at me as if he had no clue what I said either and kept taking pictures. Every once in awhile they want to take a picture of someone in their group standing next to me and the three boys. It always makes my day. I keep trying to tell Teagan that he is famous and people think he is so cute they want pictures, but he doesn't buy it. I tried to warn him this last time that people were going to take his picture, but it didn't make him any more compliant when it actually happened.

The top right picture looks like Tate is saying, "HaHa.. Steffan got suckered in! Can you believe it?!"

 Doesn't this just make your day?

1 comment:

  1. LOL! You know you gotta love tourists. Because when I was there I wanted to take pics of all of the oriental people that were there too. See what goes around ... LOL, LOVE IT!!! The boys ARE really CUTE so it's no wonder they want pics of them. I'm not biased or anything either though. :D

    ReplyDelete