Thursday, January 24, 2013

BEST Classic Macaroni Salad

I'm posting this on my blog because I get soooo bugged every time I try to find it on my Pinterest. They need a "search" for your own Pinterest boards. I can never re-find the stuff I pin. Is there a "search" for your own boards? Did I miss that somewhere?

At any rate, I made this as my side dish for Christmas Eve over at the Field home and Jeremy wants me to make it every five seconds right now. It IS pretty good! Probably not good for you, but yummy-yummy!

BEST Classic Macaroni Salad
From AllRecipes.com
Original recipe makes 10 servings

PREP 20 mins
COOK 10 mins
READY IN 4 hrs 30 mins

4 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup distilled white vinegar
2/3 cup white sugar
2 1/2 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 large onion, chopped
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/4 cup grated carrot (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped pimento peppers (optional)

Directions
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain. In a large bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt and pepper. Stir in the onion, celery, green pepper, carrot, pimentos and macaroni.

Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving, but preferably overnight

No comments:

Post a Comment