Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day in Sydney

We picked Jeremy's best mate up yesterday from the airport (Joey)... After a few "hold-up's" (*cough/ahem - that's all I can say), Joey made it in to the country safe and sound and ready to begin his trip.

We decided to start his first day here FULL of stuff to do to keep him awake and help him adjust to the time change. We walked around at Darling Harbour and went to the Sydney Wildlife Park and Sydney Aquarium. We drove past the temple to show him, but are bummed we won't be able to take him through a session during his stay because it is closed for cleaning the entire time he is visiting. :(

However, when we went to the Aquarium, they had manatee's there today! Isn't that so cool! I LOVE manatee's. I have always loved them and have always thought they were so cool, but have never actually seen one in person. If you didn't know, I always wanted to be a marine biologist growing up and the only reason I didn't go off to San Diego State University is because I could've never afforded the out of state tuition after high school. But I have always kept a love for the ocean and all animals in the ocean. On a side note, I also love that Joey was there to take pictures of my family that actually included ME in them. :)








I have to admit. Seeing a crocodile in real life is extra cool also. I think they are a lot more fascinating when you see them up close.




We drove home and talked the whole way and stayed up talking to Joey until late. After we got home I kept thinking, "Holy Cow! Someone we "know" is at OUR house." ha ha We have sure missed hanging out with our friends and family and it is SO NICE to have Joey here. I really wish Nadia and Sophia could've made it with him. It almost feels like we are home. :)

*In three weeks from tomorrow my sister will be here!*

No comments:

Post a Comment