Monday, May 7, 2012

Growing Up

Today (last Friday) we started the process of signing our little T-Man up for Pre-School. I can't believe he is just about old enough to go off on his own to school for a few days a week. Since the boys are so close together, I can see how quickly it will feel like they are all going off to school one right after the other. Tate is starting to wear the clothes Teagan was wearing right before we came here and Steffan is already wearing the clothes that Tate was wearing right before we came here. My friend Jenya already registered her daughter, Avery, for school and I know she was a bit sappy about it, but until I started it myself, I didn't get it. We have to get a lot of paperwork done for Teagan's registration because we are from overseas. I'm kind of dreading rounding up all the info they need. We are keeping our fingers crossed that Jeremy's job is listed on the "approved" list of skilled jobs from the Immigration Department so that the government will pay for the boys schooling. Otherwise it's $3,600/ year for public school. What?! I'm pretty sure that it will be covered though. I also found out today that all of the children in the ACT schools are required to wear uniforms. That will be a new experience for me. I've never been anywhere that had a uniform requirement.

Teagan is very smart! I have been working with him a lot during the time that Tate and Steffan are napping each day to learn things that will help him in pre-school. He already knows all of his shapes and colors. He can count to 15 but always misses #5. We've been working hard to not forget #5. We read and sing a lot and go over nursery rhymes and letters and numbers. We've even started writing some of them. He loves when I buy him work books to work in as well.

Since the seasons are opposite of the US, the school year begins in February and their summer break is from the end of November thru the beginning of February. It will be hard to get used to that. It's already hard to think that we are going into winter right now when I know that all of the Orem summer festivities are beginning. I will really miss that!


Tate has officially hit his "Terrible Two's". It is exhausting. His "Thing" is to pour, dump, play with, smash, rub in any food or liquid he can get his hands on.  And Teagan is practicing his "power" as the older brother. He is always telling Tate, "Tate, go get those cookies in the pantry and ask mommy if you can have them. Here Tate, play with this soap bottle and razor that I can climb up and get for you. Here Tate, let me put bum cream all over your head and face (diaper rash cream)." Tate willingly does everything that Teagan tells him to do and Teagan blames everything on Tate. 

Teagan has also started asking the rhetorically dreaded question, "Why?" For example: Mommy what are you doing? - I'm turning on the heater? - Why? - Because it's cold. - Why? - Because it's almost winter. - Why? --- Why do you think Teagan? -OR- Get in your car seat Teagan? – Why? – Because we’re going somewhere. – Why? – Because. –I don’t want to go somewhere mommy. ----- Sometimes I find myself not responding because I don't want to get angry.

A couple of days ago I was feeding Steffan and thought I'd put what i though was an interesting movie on for the boys to watch so they wouldn't get into trouble while feeding him. About 3 minutes later, Tate comes in crying and yelling, "Owie, Owie, Owie!" I didn't look up because this is common. I just yelled... "Teagan, what did you do?" I didn't get a response so I looked up to see that Tate had some sort of brown powder dumped all over his head. I ripped the baby off from feeding and ran out to see what it was. I found the Costco size Cinnamon bottle empty! I ran and pulled Tates clothes off and put him in the shower to wash the cinnamon off his face and out of his eyes. It was burning his eyes and his skin was getting all red on his face. Teagan ran and hid (hence why there was no response). Just one of the little adventures we have quite often here in the Green home. (sigh)


On a positive note Steffan just turned 5 months old this last week.and is about to roll over any day. He discovered his hands and feet about a month ago, but they still seem to entertain him all day. He just stairs at them. Teagan also did this a lot. He is a big boy just like Teagan was. I LOVE his rolly-poly legs and bum. He watches us eat food and is starting to look interested in it. But nursing him is helping me lose weight so I don't know if I will give it up anytime soon. I've lost 29 lbs since we've been here (3 1/2 months). I only have 9 more pounds to go before I'm pre-pregnancy with Stefffan. Woo Hoo! If I keep going at this rate, then I will be at the weight I was when I started dating Jeremy at Steffan's 1 year birthday. Maybe I can come home looking like a brand new person!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck he's looking like Teag. He's so darling. pinch those cheeks and give him kisses for me.

    ReplyDelete