Friday, April 27, 2012

Dear Husband,

We have been together for four years. I'm not sure if I should say, "Wow, it's already been four years!" OR "Wow, it's ONLY been four years?" We have been through more than most people in ten years. We've been through trial after trial and have been tested time and again. We have overcome temptations and manage to still push each other to be our best. We have our number one fan and the other half of our team (each other) supporting us everyday. We've learned (and are still learning) what is trivial and what is important and are never scared to change things up to make things better.

We started off with children right away and managed to squeeze three boys in, in only three years. We have lost jobs, gotten new jobs, sold homes, bought homes, worked and gone to school. We have lived care free and also learned to be responsible. You have built me up and reminded me that I AM worth it! I knew you were the one for me the day we said, "I do", but I don't think I knew how lucky I really was. There is no one else on this earth I can picture being with. Before you, no one fit me and my life the way you did. Now I can't imagine life with out you.
I can't imagine sleeping next to anyone else that tosses and turns and plays musical beds through the night.  I don't want to watch *D.H. or *V.D. (lol) with anyone else, 'cause it's "our thing"(except maybe Kiley)---(*Vampire Diaries or Desperate Housewives). I love our down time at night where we get to make popcorn and treats and watch movies or whatever TV series we are into right then (Design Star, Food Network Star) -- Do you love that I've revealed all the girly shows you love? ;). And I don't want to get used to anyone else always getting my food orders wrong (I know you're thinking, "I get her food orders wrong all the time?"). I love that you still kiss me on my head.You make me more thoughtful because you are thoughtful. You tell me that I'm beautiful often and call or text often to tell me you love me. I always know you are thinking of me when you're away and love that you will always bring something home to let me know you care.You always want to be better and are willing to make new plans if your first plan doesn't deliver the results you want. I love that you are a husband that will get up in the night with our kids or make dinner if I'm too tired. You will do the laundry and the dishes or take our kids out just so I can have time. You ask me often if I need to go have time for myself and I appreciate it more than you know. If I'm tired you will let me sleep. I don't know many husbands as willing to please and take care of their wife and children as you do.


You are loving and kind. You are a friend to many. You know when to be serious and when to laugh.You love having fun and love getting to know people around you... even if it's someone that you are passing by in a gas station.

I know we are not perfect and we have our 'hater' moments too, but I'm proud of our marriage! I'm proud that we have successfully been through some (maybe all) of the top 10 most stressful situations in life, packed into the shortest amount of time possible. ...And then we decided to move our family to a new country. Studies show that this can and usually break a marriage, but it has made ours stronger.

But most importantly, we have the same goals. We have the same big picture. Our paths crossed many times before our lives were ready to unite. We had a lot of "stuff" to get out of our system before we were ready for the stuff we had to sacrifice and face together. We have much to accomplish in this life TOGETHER. I just know it and feel it. I know that the core of you is sincere and good. You are a worthy priesthood holder for our home which brings much security to my mind for our family. You have a strong testimony of the church and desire to uphold the standards and values we believe. There is nothing more important than that! I'm proud to call you my husband and the father of my children.

I've learned what a real marriage is by being married to you. You fill my emotional needs and you make me whole. I mean this, I really couldn't have gotten anyone better. No one could fill your shoes and I don't want anyone else to fill them.

Happy Four Year Anniversary and Eternity to come!

With Love,
Your Wife

PS. I bet you can't wait to watch our wedding video again! ;)


6 comments:

  1. Guess what? I just watch that video again! he he he LOVED IT. Happy Anniversary yesterday I missed it by 7 min. Oh well I sent an email. :D You 2 are PERFECT for each other. Hope you had a good one. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our bishops wife offered to watch the boys on Friday! I don't remember the last time I was so excited to go out. So we are going to do something then with out the kids. Yay!

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks holly! happy anniversary to you too!

      Delete
  3. wow I can't believe it has been 4 yrs!!! Congrats you guys have been through a lot but you are perfect for each other, love you and a happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I know I can't wait to watch it again and I bet if you asked Matt Sahagun he's say the same thing too. :) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete