Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Voice

The Voice is an Australian show that came out and just started about 2 weeks ago. It has some really amazing singers on there. Two of the four judges include Seal and Keith Urban. All of the judges begin by being turned around where they can not see who is singing, only hear them. If they are interested in being their coach, then they turn around to see them. They just completed setting up their teams. I just listened to the most amazing 19 year old singer from Sydney, Brittany Cairns, who did her audition using the song by Sara Bareilles', Gravity. This girl's voice gave me the chills. It even made me tear up. The only other singer that has made me do that is Josh Groban when I saw him in person. :) I dare say that she even out did Sara Bareilles on the song. What an INCREDIBLE voice this girl has! Music has always touched me to the core of my soul. It moves me in ways that change my demeanor and perspective of life. Music is a powerful tool for good or evil.

Go HERE to listen to Brittany's The Voice audition.
***I guess you can't see this video in the US. :( Sad! You will have to try and find it on YouTube I guess. I saw one on there that had her singing in the back ground but you don't get the same effect.***

Here is the video of Sara singing her song Gravity. Tell me how you think Brittany compares.

1 comment:

  1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c8OrihLghE - I couldn't get your link to work maybe this one will work.

    ReplyDelete