Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Ward Temple Trip

This weekend we went on our first ward temple trip... EVER! We never went on the ward temple trips when we lived in Utah. I guess that's because there were so many temples close by that we just went whenever we wanted to. It was such a great experience. Our kids had SO much fun too! We stayed overnight at the temple patron accommodations down the street from the temple. Teagan kept saying, "I LOVE Sydney Mom! I love the temple house (aka temple accommodations)." It was an old hotel that was recently renovated for members that come to use the temple. It was very nice for only paying $50/night... in fact it was amazing! We had beds for each of us, a cot for bubby ('the baby' as we say in the US), and a full service kitchen to use if needed, complete with dishes.

One of the young men in Jeremy's class, Jordan, rode up to Sydney with us.  Jordan is such an amazing example to us. At only age 14, he introduced one of his friends to the church and has been inviting his friend Sam to come along to all of the activities. I don't remember being that confident about my religion at such a young age. Sam has decided to get baptized this upcoming Saturday. We are so excited to go on Saturday, especially since Jeremy has got to see Sam's testimony unfold and grow because Sam has been coming to church and all of the young men activities. Sam's grandmother came to church on Sunday and said how happy she was for Sam. She is Sam's carer and has given her OK for him to be baptized. I am impressed and touched at how amazing the Holy Ghost is. It reminds me to be confident in the Gospel. If the person is #1) Ready and #2) Searching and Open to the Spirit, then anyone and everyone will always KNOW that this is the true and living church of God with a living Prophet and Apostles here on earth to guide us for our times and not just for "scriptural/biblical" times ...AND that there IS a plan. It would be very disconcerting to feel that there was no plan for us and nothing for us to achieve or to think that this earth was made and not know or wonder how or where we came from or where we go after this life. I KNOW those things and I KNOW it is true and I KNOW that for MYSELF and am proud to be a part of this dispensation in the latter days. I love that our religion is not just something you do on Sunday for an hour, but it is a way of life. It just makes sense! Thank you for your wonderful example Jordan AND Sam and for showing me how the rising generations are stronger each time over the last.




Here is a picture of Jordan with my boys. (Can you find Tater Bug?)

 Then I got a few pictures as we were driving.


No comments:

Post a Comment