Monday, August 6, 2012

Carey's Cave


It's been awhile since we have taken one of our day trips and I was kind of missing it. This last weekend we went to Carey's Cave in Wee Jasper with the Swift Family. It was about 2 hours away from our house. It was a really cool cave, but probably not cool enough that I would recommend anyone going to see it if they come visit us. It was a 1 1/2 hour tour and just about 1 hour and 15 minutes too long for the kids to sit through. Plus the cave guide didn't seem to like kids much and kept making parenting comments which I didn't fully appreciate. He thought he was being funny, but for me... not so much. At any rate, I'm glad we went. I always enjoy going somewhere new. The boys still thought it was fun to see all the cool rocks inside and ran around.

Tate has no fear. He marched right in to that big, dark cave in front of all of us with out knowing at all what he was doing, where he was or where he was going. He was the first one to head on in. Teagan is so different than that. He hid behind Jeremy and waited to see what was in there and what, if anything was going to happen. Often we have found Teagan has crawled into bed with Tate because Teagan gets scared at night and Tate doesn't seem to be afraid of anything.


Later that night when we got home, we actually headed over to the church for Samoan Night. I wasn't too keen on the food because although I may have Tahitian blood, I'm not much of a Polynesian. Most of the food was sea food, raw fish, taro and a few other things I'm not sure of. I did try some of it, but politely didn't eat much. :) After our big Saturday adventure, Teagan and Tate were so tired for church the next day. It made it a LONG Sunday. However, Teagan fell asleep on the way home from church and didn't wake up until the next day. Woo Hoo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment