Thursday, August 30, 2012

Feeding the Birds

Yesterday the boys and I made a bird feeder for all the beautiful, exotic birds that visit our yard. We put peanut butter on a toilet paper roll for each of them and then they got to roll it in sunflower seeds and granola. We put the rolls on a branch out in our back yard and then waited for some birds to come by. Of course we never saw one bird anywhere AT ALL after we made it. Birds are constantly in our back yard except for when we are patiently waiting and watching out the window ever 5 seconds for one to come. Go figure!

Today I finally saw some parrots come and eat off of the boys bird feeder and yelled for Teagan to come and see (because Tate and Steffan were napping). He didn't come, so I ran in to get him and lo and behold, Teagan was asleep too. Double Go Figure! :)

...So I took these pictures to show them when they wake up. After I ran to get the camera, I didn't get a picture of one of them 'actually' eating... I of course missed that too, but they were close to it in the picture. They didn't really seem to like it. They always eat the dandelions in the grass and the flowers from the trees, so I don't think seeds and granola are their thing. You have to look really close to see the bird feeders in the tree. Can you spot them?


Here's a close up.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment