Saturday, August 4, 2012

Pumpkin Creativity

If you read my "All About Food" post, then you saw that I couldn't find canned pumpkin the day I wanted to make mini pumpkin pies for Family Home Evening. I saw some good ones on Pinterest that looked easy and fun to make with the boys. Both boys (especially Teagan) look forward to Monday/FHE nights because they know we get to make a treat that day. Anyway, since there was no canned pumpkin and I wasn't about to go to the effort of using a real pumpkin and cooking, cleaning, smashing it up... I looked down the baby food aisle and got my secret weapon---

BABY FOOD: Heinz Pumpkin, Sweet Potato & Carrot!

Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes- no separate filling, just one batter, which creates a crust-like outside with a custard-like center. Top with whipped cream and cinnamon.

It worked perfectly and you couldn't even tell the difference. I had to put in a little bit more flour so that it would thicken up a bit, but other than that, no one would've known. I didn't tell Jeremy until after he ate it and told me how good they were. :)

Here is the link for Pumpkin Pie Cupcakes if you want to try making them for yourself.

1 comment: